Home » Return to Play -Saftey Protocols
The St.Thomas-Elgin Gymnastics Club are doing everything possible to create a safe and healthy environment for your children when they are attending classes/training. We are following all government and Gymnastics Ontario regulations. When you register your child for a class, you will be required to agree to various legalese. Part of these agreements include that you have seen the information below, including the Informed Consent and Assumption of Risk and Reopening Protocol. Please read through carefully before you complete your registration.
The following forms are required in order for our coaches and participants to return to gymnastics, you will be required to acknowledge you read them when registering, as well as need to bring a signed copy to the first class to complete your registration.
• All participants/parents (for P&T & JK classes) and coaches are required to do the self-assessment on the day of their class, and then complete the daily declaration form indicating the self-assessment was completed. A St. Thomas Elgin Gymnastics Club representative will be present to check in the participants and ensure that forms are completed, and the mask policy is being adhered to. One parent/guardian must be present during the check in process. If over the age of 18, the participant has the legal right to sign off without a parent or guardian present.
Self-assessment Tool Link
Entering/Exiting the St. Thomas-Elgin Gymnastics Club
• Distancing lines will be place outside facility for coaches & participants to line up before entering.
• All coaches and participants must properly wash with soap and water or sanitize hands upon entering facility.
• A maximum of one parent/guardian (and no siblings) per participant for check-in/drop off.
• Viewing; due to the limited size of the lobby please see below:
o Ages 7 and up – parents are encouraged to drop-off and pick-up as opposed to entering facility to watch the class
(if special circumstance please notify at check-in for viewing accommodations)
o For P&T classes- one parent will accompany the child in the class (parents masks will be required)
o For JK classes – one parent is required to remain in the facility for the duration of the class
o SK – one parent per child can stay to view if needed.
• Bleachers are marked off where people can sit based on physical distancing
• Parents/guardians must pick up their coach or participant outside and adhere to proper social distancing.
• Once classes are over, participants, coaches and parents need to leave the gym, no lingering around and chatting
• Anyone feeling unwell MUST STAY HOME. Coaches and participants will need to be symptom free for 48 hours prior to returning to gymnastics.
• Photography: Please check with your class coach for permission, and timing of photographs/videos. Due to privacy issues and Safe sport we need to ensure safety of our participants. Please be respectful that no other child is in your frame.
• Please arrive to the gymnastics club 5-7 minutes early to allow for proper check in.
• Carpooling among club participants or coaches, only members of the same family should be in a vehicle together.
• Physical distancing markings will be placed throughout the club and re-enforced.
• Hand washing guidelines are displayed to show people how to properly wash hands.
• Guidelines for respiratory etiquette have been placed in high traffic areas advising individuals to cough or sneeze into one’s arm or a tissue.
• Coaches and participants will be permitted in the washroom one at a time to ensure physical distancing requirements are followed.
• Coaches and participants are asked to arrive at the gymnastics club ready to train (Coaching/Gymnastics attire on, hair up, clean feet).
• A numbered bin will be provided for each participant per class for their water bottle and mask. The bins will be sanitized before each class. The change rooms will be closed to all participants.
• The washrooms will be available for coaches and participants to use during training hours. The washrooms will be cleaned regularly.
• 12 hand sanitizing stations have been added throughout facility. (if allergen concerns please bring your own labelled sanitizer)
• Coaches will be required to clean/sanitize gymnastics equipment between classes/events, where possible, and at the end of the day
• Once classes are over for the day and all participants have left, all additional surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected (floors, counters, bathrooms).
• The water fountains in the gym will remain closed. Coaches and Participants will need to provide their own water bottle with their name on it. Please bring extra water to ensure you have enough. There will be no sharing.
• If first aid is required, physical distancing protocols will be broken. The first aider (coach) will be required to wear a mask and gloves while performing first aid.
• Participants are not required to wear masks during training for safety reasons; however, masks are required in the lobby area.
• Coaches are required to wear a mask at all times.
• We will be conducting hands free coaching at this time. If a participant is in a situation that requires a rescue spot, a coach will stand in and assist the participant to ensure safety.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to the St. Thomas Gymnastics Club by email at email@example.com